What REALLY Happened at the Awards
Whether you missed it or watched it, we’ve got your recap!King George won the BIG one at the 49th Annual ACM Awards, taking home the award for Entertainer of the Year – 25 years after his first and only win in the category. George has been nominated for the hardware 14 times.
Other keynotes from the show:
– The Band Perry got the show started with an energetic performance (of course) of their new single, “Chainsaw”
- Brad Paisley debuted “River Bank”
– Blake Shelton hit the stage for two performances within the first hour of the show. Former contestant of The Voice!, Gwen Sebastian, joined him for the debut of “My Eyes“. Shakira also teamed up with Blake to sing “Medicine”
– King George performed his new single – “I Got a Car”
– Lee Brice hit the center stage in the audience for an acoustic version of his award winning hit, “I Drive Your Truck”
- Eric Church sang “Give Me Back My Hometown” with “San Destino” video footage rolling in the background.
- Justin Moore took to the ACM Fan Jam stage to sing his latest hit “Lettin’ the Night Roll”
- Lady Antebellum were joined for a mash-up of “Golden” with the one and only Stevie Nicks. They also performed Fleetwood Mac‘s “Rhiannon”
– Keith Urban performed “Even the Stars Fall 4 You”
– Tim & Faith hit the stage for a performance of “Meanwhile Back at Mama’s”
– George and Miranda delivered stellar performances for the night’s Crystal Milestone recipient, Merle Haggard. “I’m a Lonesome Fugitive” and “Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down” were the two songs offered up.
– Dierks & Sheryl Crow wrapped up the night with a performance of “I Hold On”
As far as the awards go, nothing was handed out until an hour into the show. Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban both took home three trophies and one of the BIGGEST surprises of the evening came from Luke Bryan right out of the gate: for the 50th Anniversary of the ACMs, the show will be held at the AT&T Stadium in Texas. Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton will return as hosts April 19th, 2015 on CBS.
The Complete List of Winners
Entertainer of the Year
Vocal Group of the Year
The Band Perry
Vocal Duo of the Year
Florida Georgia Line
New Artist of the Year
Video of the Year
“Highway Don’t Care” – Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Taylor Swift
Vocal Event of the Year
“We Were Us” – Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert
Single of the Year
“Mama’s Broken Heart” – Miranda Lambert
Song of the Year
“I Drive Your Truck” – Lee Brice (Songwriters: Connie Harrington, Jessi Alexander, Jimmy Yeary)
Album of the Year
Same Trailer Different Park – Kacey Musgraves